Alderney is a very special place to live.
I love living here and really want to see this island thrive.
Key issues for me are:
* We need to sort out the way our government runs, or doesn’t – it’s not working these days.
* The Island needs to become as business friendly as possible – it should be as easy and inexpensive to start up and run a business as we can make it.
* Education continues to be critical in giving our local kids the best possible start as well as a key element in attracting and retaining the working families the Island wants to see living here. I know this is not run from here, but we need to make it clear to the Education Committee that the Island will not accept a sub-standard service.
* The States and the Executive really should draw on the expertise and knowledge of our population. This has been talked about over and over again, but never seems to happen.
* Can we be nicer to visiting cruise ships? We don’t get many so we should lay out the red carpet for those which do come in. Free transport in/out of town? Other, similar places manage it, and so should we.
Finally, thank you to Rosemary Hanbury for proposing me and to Lesley Cairnduff for seconding me.
Do you have a question for Hilary? You can contact her on: 822698 / 07911 723542 or firstname.lastname@example.org