The States of Alderney has today issued a reminder that everyone should apply enhanced hygiene practices, whether you are a member of the public, a business, event organisers, or with friends and family to protect yourselves and the Island
Enhanced hygiene includes:
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Sneeze/cough into elbow, not hands
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Maintain personal distance where possible
- Regularly clean high-touch points such as door handles, pens, telephones, work surfaces etc.
Follow the Catch it, Kill it, Bin it plan. Keep tissues with you to catch a cough or sneeze, disposing of them in a waste bin and then killing any remaining germs by washing your hands.
Anyone experiencing symptoms, no matter how mild, should contact the Clinical Helpline on 756938 or 756969.
For venues and vehicle hire and public places:
- Ensure regular cleaning is taking place
- If anyone appears to be unwell, ask them to go home
- Nobody under compulsory isolation order can attend – anyone suspected of non-compliance should be asked to leave
- Keep rooms well ventilated where possible
- Those who are self-isolating may wish to display a notice that the household is self-isolating.
More details on how we can protect ourselves can be found at http://www.covid19.gov.gg/support/protect